Sunday, May 29, 2011

im obsessed. im obsessed and i dont care who knows it!

As of late, my days are filled with Gene Juarez, my wonderful parents, my computer, my thoughts, my book, and of course my food. So, I have plenty of time to drool over my latest obsessions: words, weddings, crafts and food.

After work I come home and stalk peoples blogs, try to document crafty ideas, and go on Facebook (ugh) or read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. While reading this book, it has shocked me how little I actually know about words. I am becoming more and more fascinated by the hundreds of plain and simple words that I have neglected to acknowledge my 19 years of existence. To make up for my naivety I have decided to try and memorize new words every day. I bought a moleskin journal to write down all of the words that I don't understand. It is sort of fun to look up the definitions at night and try and memorize the words for that day. Keeps my brain on top of things. 

Besides my fixation with words, my usual obsession with weddings has lived on. Not much more to say about that. I know it may be a little premature, but just let a girl dream :) While stalking wedding blogs I have become a lover of all things ivory. I am going to have to say it is my new favorite color. So elegant and beautiful. 

LOVE this dress.

The kitchen/floor was finished today! Which means I can resume my cooking/crafting obsession in my downstairs with ample room. I am SO excited! My next project is going to be my duvet cover!!! Yipee!

P.S. Pinterest is quickly becoming yet another obsession of mine. 

1 comment:

  1. that dress is gorgeous! find it on pinterest? :)

    andrea brionne @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete